www.flickr.com

Monday, August 06, 2007

Daycare update

I thought you might be interested to know how daycare is going, seeing how it dominated our lives for a number of months there. Well. It's going well. Except for today due to a high probability of teething. I think Dylan understands when I tell her we're going there, and she usually smiles and claps. They call her Little Blumkin, and they seem to genuinely like her. One teacher in particular gets really excited when we get there, and I like all her current teachers. She's usually playing happily whenever I arrive, although she soon starts whining when she sees me. Since she's eating table food now she can eat their lunches and snacks, and I think they have a healthy and varied menu. There are only two things I'm not too excited about. Their outdoor play area is really sunny a lot of the time. Even with sunblock I don't think us pale folk should spend any amount of time in the sun as babies. And she still doesn't nap well there, which really still sucks a lot. She'll stay awake for marathon amounts of time there and when she does nap it's for 30 minutes. That means when we get her we have to decide whether to keep a very tired and angry baby up until bedtime or let her take a late afternoon nap and go to bed really late. I will tell you right now, both of those things suck and it's not fun to have to do one or the other every single weekday. On weekends she snaps right into a nice schedule of two really long naps and a nice bedtime. Don't ask me why, but we just got some kind of report cards for her from December and from April. The April one is nice; it talks about her sparkling personality and kissing herself in the mirror. The December one says, "We look forward to her getting more comfortable with us" and other such comments. Aaron saw it and was like, "Wow, they really didn't like her." It's reasonably good at the moment though, and I think it will only get better for her as she gets older.

No comments: