www.flickr.com

Monday, August 20, 2007

Postponed

Aaron has to give a public presentation of his research as part of the requirements for his Master's degree. The presentation was scheduled for this morning, so Aaron spent a lot of the weekend working on it, as did I. That is, of course, when we weren't hanging out at the airport. A certain element of stress might have been removed from the weekend, if you know what I'm saying, had we known that the presentation would not actually take place until Thursday (overseas family emergency of a committee member). Luckily Aaron's dad lives in the cupcake district of Greenwich Village so we at least got to cut the stress with sugary frosting. Aaron had ordered two boxes of goodies from his former employer that I got to hand out throughout the day since they weren't needed to butter up the audience, so to speak. I noticed I was in some demand today.

Other things:

It has been noted that although there is a new name on my office door, there is only one name and it is a two person office. As there is no other office for me, we can conclude that I will probably not have to leave. I'm just undercover now.

I had a nice photo essay planned for you, scheduled to take place in the creepy tunnel that connects my building to the main medical center building. Hissing pipes, decades-old graffiti, it had it all. Unfortunately, the contractor elves got there first and suddenly it's all nice and painted and the pipes no longer seem like they're about to explode. Next time I'll be sure to seize the day more promptly when it comes to amusing property defacements.

Over the course of Saturday Dylan figured out how to 1)turn around and scoot down backwards to get off the little table she kept climbing on, 2)draw with a pen, and 3)stand on her own for a couple seconds. Today she started doing the sign for thirsty. I can tell she really wants to communicate all of a sudden. I better go learn some more signs.

No comments: