www.flickr.com

Friday, August 17, 2007

Miscellany II

Dylan has slept through the last three nights for no discernible reason. I can't help but look at her with suspicion. Why is she toying with me? Whatever her motives, how about if we go away for the weekend to make sure this doesn't last? We're fools. FOOLS!

I have noticed a subtle change in Snuffy since he started being allowed to go upstairs. I've always thought he did a lot of moping around the house. Everyone always tells me no, he just looks like that. But he doesn't seem as mopey anymore and he seems more attached to me. He's never liked to be left out of the action, but now he's even more diligent about plopping down three feet away from wherever I am. It's like he's not quite so anxious now that he can more accurately track our movements.

They're going to start transitioning Dylan onto a cot at daycare. I may have laughed and caused some offense when they told me, but COME ON. They've also suggested that they should start spelling out N-A-P around her due to the ensuing rage. They just moved a bunch of kids up to the next room so she's already one of the oldest and they only have room for so many cribs and blah blah good luck with that.

I had been predicting that Dylan would walk at 14 months, but now I think it could be pretty soon. I actually think she could do it now, but she's not interested in what might happen when we let go of her hands. Conversely, if we hold her hands she'll run and run and I guess I should get a video of that now that I think of it.

No comments: