www.flickr.com

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Master of the House

Aaron passed! He won the program! (And the sandbox) It's time to quit while he's ahead!

The repercussions of our Friday night delay in leaving Rochester have been vast and wide. At least in my mind, because our spending Friday night here resulted in my true colors as a cranky grump coming through. Two of the houses across the street from us are newly inhabited by med students, and there was a raging party going on in the lot between them Friday night when we got back home from the airport around 10:00pm. Raging to such an extent that there was no way I was going to be able to sleep. I sat there imagining our elderly neighbors on either side and that nice young Japanese family cowering in their homes, not to mention the precious minutes of sleep slipping from my grasp. And I marched myself over there to tell them to turn off the music lest they find themselves mowed down by our Subaru. I was directed to the guy in charge, who said "Oh. Are you a...neighbor?" Like it honestly hadn't occurred to anyone there that there might be...neighbors. In the neighborhood. (Hint: who are the people in your neighborhood?) They had turned off the music by the time I walked back to the house, although they milled loudly for several more hours. Kate: Bringer of Justice.

And a photo series. Dylan: Friend of Ducks


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Aaron!
Good going on the noise abatement, Kate!
Quack quack, Dylan!
love, C and G