www.flickr.com

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Knock knock knocking

I heard a banging in the hallway while I was working in my office yesterday. It was like someone was running down the hall knocking very loudly right next to, but not quite on, each of the office doors. I kept almost getting up to answer the door, but then the sound would move on to another door. A few minutes later there was a knock on my actual door -- my advisor and another student had stopped by to ask where my new office was going to be. My new office, eh? You mean the FIFTH new office I will have had in my two year tenure in this department? They were asking because my name had been removed from the door and replaced with the name of an incoming student. Ah, pseudo-knocking explained. The same thing had happened to the student who was standing at my door, only his new office had been located. As of yet, mine has not.

New flight scheduled to leave around noon.

No comments: