www.flickr.com

Friday, July 18, 2008

Ciao

I am off to Colorado until Monday night, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to write until then.

This is the first time I will be away from Dylan for more than a night, and so far (one hour in) it is going...not well. Yesterday afternoon I thought I would do a little preparation by telling her that Mommy is going up up sky plane etc, which as you know is a concept she is deeply familiar with from her father's work.

I thought maybe she would understand at least a little bit, and it would be less confusing when they dropped me off at the airport. Oh no. She understood. She spent the rest of the day clinging to me with even more fervor than usual. Then when she woke up at 9:30pm because it was a hot night (air conditioner: installed this morning) she remained hysterical for Aaron until I came in, then clung to me for four hours.

Whoops, they're calling my flight. Bye for now.

No comments: