www.flickr.com

Monday, September 15, 2008

24, revisited

Yesterday, 7pm: Wrench Dylan away from her best friend's house, sobbing, and wrestle her to bed.

7:15: Hm, I'm a little intimidated by starting in the hospital tomorrow. How about if I prepare by setting up my pda?

9:15: Maybe I could make a noose out of this USB cable instead?

9:30: Internet goes out.

10:00: I'll go to bed nice and early so I can think well tomorrow.

12:00am: Wind storm to end all wind storms. Power goes out.

12:01am: Dylan up

...

...

...

4:00am: Dylan back down.

6:30: Kate up.

7:00: Walk Snuffy by daycare. Doesn't look like they have power either.

7:15: Daycare closed. Aaron pouts.

8am-5:30pm: Flail pathetically around hospital. How come no one else ever needs to eat, drink, or pee in this place? Also, these white coats are hot. Also, isn't it a bit much to have my first patient be in the intensive care unit?

Meanwhile, at 5pm: Power back on after 17 hours.

5:45: Sit sadly on front porch because I have no keys and no one is home.

5:50: Climb in window.

6-7: Whirlwind trip to find Aaron and Dylan at Dylan's friend's house, attend swim class with friend, and back home to wrestle Dylan to bed.

7:15: Can I go to bed now too?

7:30: Watch guy turn down life-changing amount of money on Deal or No Deal instead.

9:15: How about now? Done.

No comments: