www.flickr.com

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fuzzy math

Here we are at Dylan's two year visit. She kept muttering about home and lunging for the door.

She had two shots in her thigh and a fingerstick and kept pointing sadly to her leg afterwards and saying this? This! THIS! in an outraged tone. She is in the 30th percentile for weight and the 50th for height. And the 14th for BMI. Don't ask questions because it would be annoying and irrelevant was the impression we got in response to: how they arrived at that last one.

********

I met the teachers at her new daycare room today -- they are excellent. She already loves them and can say their names really well and it is so nice not to have to worry about that at all. Her friend is in her class and they get to play all day every day.

********

Here is another piece of learning from medical school. There is a virus that hangs around my heading, waiting for signs of weakness. As soon as I get stressed out and don't sleep enough it pounces. For this virus I am like the wounded elk limping around at the back of the herd on a nature show. It got me again so now I am good and incoherent. Thanks, medical school.

No comments: