www.flickr.com

Friday, September 12, 2008

yammering on

I can't believe I've already done three weeks of this. I had a great time the last two weeks doing family medicine. It wasn't stressful at all and I learned a lot and I really liked the people I was working with. I'm switching to cardiology the next couple weeks, which will be the first time I'm really in the hospital for any amount of time. At home it's been pure chaos the entire three weeks. Weekdays evenings I end up with time for maybe one house-type thing each night, whether it's paying the water bill or emptying the dishwasher or staring blankly at that water spot on the wall. Which means the other ten things I might normally think about doing didn't happen, which means the mail is piled up on top of the laundry on top of the dishes. It's actually quite efficient.

Dylan is definitely a little confused about why I'm gone more, but she loves spending more time with Aaron so they're having a good time. She has had many months now of being basically really happy and easy. She's still not into verbs, but is otherwise talking in paragraphs. It's quite a feat. She has said "sorry" and "thank you" appropriately and without any prompting in the past couple weeks, which made me do a double take both times. She has definitely started on the DO IT SELF phase, but she's actually pretty good at doing stuff herself so it's working out okay. This evening I told her to go upstairs for her bath and by the time I caught up with her she had gathered her pajamas and her water and was halfway up the stairs. If you ask her if she's hungry when she's not or if she wants to do something she's not interested she doesn't say no, she says DYLAN FINE. The other day she was trying to tickle me and said DYLAN FUNNY. She is up to about 3/4 of the alphabet song, although sometimes it accidentally turns into a medley of all the songs she's ever heard. The coolest thing right now is that you can really explain complicated stuff to her and she gets it and remembers it days later. Speaking of remembering, she is still talking about the SUNDER that woke DYLAN up from her NAP, which has become an incident of epic proportions in her mind. I'm not really going anywhere in particular with this. We're just having a lot of fun with her right now. I'll try to get some good pictures this weekend.

No comments: