www.flickr.com

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

104 Weeks

Aaron said someone from his work said that they thought I would have the baby at some point. Current evidence points to the contrary. Just because someone is a "doctor" doesn't mean they know everything.

My OB said last week, "I don't think you'll be pregnant for three more weeks." We took that to mean that leaving town last weekend as we had planned was a bad idea (it was mostly the idea of delivering on the thruway that got us) but in fact interpreting that statement as "any minute now" as we did was probably overly optimistic.

Dylan is on edge lately. I think it's the impending baby, but I also think she's going through a growth spurt. Outgrowing all her clothes in a two week span was a clue, but it was more that she started eating again for the first time in a year. I can suddenly put just about anything down in front of her and she will at least try it without a fight. Rigorous "no thank you bite" training in her new preschool room has also been helpful. She's on the verge of stopping napping entirely and she is SO SENSITIVE to everything. She was about to climb on my back last night and Aaron told her not to rather urgently since it's been bothering me and she burst into tears. She wakes up crying for mommy and goes to bed crying for mommy and spends most of the rest of her time with and without me whining for mommy, even if she's already on my lap, such as it is. At school last week they asked if I was out of town.

The volume of inquiries re: have you had the baby yet is entertaining. I think I am actually less focused on this topic than at least a few others I could name. I just have one more work project I want to finish and then I am hoping to have a couple days to just relax and hang out with Dylan and finish the house stuff. Aaron is having trouble living with the uncertainty, but has been impressively restrained about interpreting my every move as a possible contraction.

I have an appointment tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

ps. I took down the baby name polls. Interpret that as you will.

No comments: