www.flickr.com

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The People Want to Know

About my cervix. Yuck, I know. Yet, that's why you're here, isn't it?

No change since last week. Received: one H1N1 vaccine, one order to go into labor.

I have to say, there is something satisfying about having time to get everything I can think of taken care of. The phrase "putting my affairs in order" comes to mind, but I thought that might be alarming to sensitive readers who are my parents.

The phone was ringing as I walked into the house after my appointment, with the OB's office on the caller ID. Had they made a mistake? And needed to call to tell me I actually am in labor? No, just a receptionist calling to make sure she had made the appointment at the right time, for next Friday. Shall we take bets on whether I will be able to attend? The baby pool consensus seems to be Yes, including a contingent going for late November despite my claim to be unwilling to go more than a week late. I'm not sure what information you all have, but it makes be nervous.

Keep checking back to see whether our extended families begin to crack under the strain of not making any definite plans.

No comments: