www.flickr.com

Thursday, March 29, 2007

As Requested, The Ending

We are all doing much better now, thanks. No one is sick anymore and the last two nights of sleeping have been passable. Dylan had some sort of breakthrough in the course of about one day, let's call it Tuesday. She is rolling all over the place now and for the first time has some degree of mobility (video pending). She was in a total daze from being sick and tired until halfway through yesterday, but today she was fine. Today was the first day in about a week that I stopped feeling like I had been drawn and quartered (although in fact I had not been drawn and quartered, don't worry). The weather has been spectacular here so we've been outside a lot the past couple of days.

This past week aside, I am tantalizingly close to having a couple of hours between Dylan's bedtime and mine, if only by virtue of the fact that even I can't bring myself to go to bed at 7:15pm. Just to put me in my place Dylan decided to have this bout of sleeping about like a newborn, in no more than 3-4 hour stretches at a time. Confusingly enough she never did that as a newborn, so maybe she got things mixed up. Nothing some time in the naughty spot won't clear up.

Enough about the sleep. A few days ago I caught the middle of a radio story. A man was talking about his wife and someone named Vicki. I thought maybe the piece was about mental illness, because the man was saying how Vicki had tried to get his wife to turn the car into a guardrail. He spoke for a while about his wife's contentious relationship with Vicki. Finally the show's host ended the piece by saying that the commentator lived in Maryland with his wife and their GPS. I can only wonder if my parents' GPS, Lucille, is somehow related to Vicki.

No comments: