www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Dylan's First Homework

They sent home a star for us to decorate with Dylan's wishes. Hers include such favorites as "My Socks In My Mouth," "Fashionable, Yet Comfortable Onesies," and "Everyone's Attention All The Time."

She had an actual good day at daycare today. She ate tons of carrots and oatmeal, and they now have her drinking from a bottle routinely. She babbles happily and seems to really enjoy being there. I don't have quite the sense of unease when I leave her there anymore. Also, they are all very fond of her now and friendly and cheerful with her. Which makes me angry more than anything else because it is easy to enjoy a cute babbling six month old, but perhaps the terrified three month old Dylan could have used more of that friendliness. She still has a strict 30-minute napping limit there though, which still makes it fairly sucky, and most days are not quite so good. One of her teachers is leaving at the end of the week, and she in particular is now ALWAYS holding and playing with Dylan.

We've been watching the first season of 24. I saw the last episode when it aired however many years ago, which, let me tell you, sort of ruins the suspense.

I am doing well five days after the surgery. I am in no pain most of the time and it's already hard to remember that I need to take it easy for a while. My monstrous beastly dissertation, however, is causing me much pain. I go back at the end of the month to see if I managed to pop open the stitches.

I realized I don't use Outlook, I use Google Calendar. I'm glad I didn't run off to manually change everything by an hour.

When garbage disposals attack
We sheared Aaron

4 comments:

Gillianboudreau@hotmail.com said...

Nice haircut, Aaron! Good kicking, Dylan! Excellent photography, Ka-ty!

Sol said...

where did Aaron go? And who is that new person holding your baby?

bleisenblog said...

Aaron may have been tossed out with the giant hairball in the garbage can. That guy with Dylan is my new boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

Your new boyfriend is cute.