www.flickr.com

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Dylan's Second First Birthday Party

Oh. Right. I didn't take any pictures of the party. Dylan actually went to sleep right as people arrived but Snuffy helpfully woke her up so she got to attend the second half. We baked a train cake but didn't follow through with the decorating part (or the frosting part for that matter), without which it is not so impressive as in the picture. We served it as a cake salad of sorts, with hunks of cake, frosting, and ice cream cake in bowls. The ice cream cake was free from our favorite ice cream place because it was Dylan's first birthday (picture and proof of age required).

That thing where Dylan likes to drink out of regular glasses did not end well. The bathroom should be ready for use again now.

I created a high resolution version of the collage here for those of you who want poster versions.

We went to the zoo yesterday with Melanie and Josh. I think it did us all in because our attempt to play a board game at the end of the day was rather feeble for a normally cutthroat group of competitors. Dylan stood there for a full 15 minutes laughing at the sea lions. I thought she might be a little young for the zoo but she loved it and barked at all the animals.

I think Snuffy is resigned to his role as Dylan's plaything:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you making me order my own collage poster? I thought we had an understanding. Mother Eisenberg p.s. Is that Fatty on Snuffy?