www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lots of Different Things; or, In Which We Score Some Ski Equipment

First off, congrats to Cousin Nick and Jill on their Brand New Baby! Great-Grandma Nita is four for four as far as girl babies go.

Remember how we don't have a door on the pantry? And it took us a while to rearrange so Snuffy couldn't cause constant destruction? Perhaps it's time to consider another rearrangement:

We have been talking for a long time about getting cross country ski stuff for those lazy kinds of days when the city doesn't get around to plowing our street. We lucked out yesterday because a ski store in town is going out of business and we were able to get all the equipment we need for half price. Now all we need is a harness so Snuffy can pull Dylan as we go.

Dylan is still napping better at daycare now that she has taken to sleeping with the blanket pulled over her head.

I know it's not good to complain about others on the Internet, but I just have to share one thing. I went to a conference in an unnamed city on Tuesday about refugee and immigrant health. I was actually looking forward to the 2-plus-hour-each-way drive because I took out a bunch of interesting audiobooks from the library and I thought it would be a nice break from my regular work. I ended up with a passenger who wanted to carpool to the conference. At the beginning of the drive in the morning I asked if CarMate would prefer to listen to the books or music or the radio. CarMate responded, oh no, let's just talk. And by "let's" CM did not mean "us." That was a fun one, I'll tell you what.

Just as we got Dylan onto Aaron's insurance with his new job they announce that they'll be restructuring the whole health insurance program so that it's all more like car insurance with deductibles instead of copays. One thing I noticed is that deductibles are two orders of magnitude bigger than copays.

Fair warning to those who will be seeing us this weekend for Yom Kippur: Aaron has recently adopted this book as his mantra.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning. I intend to leave the food in the oven & head out before anyone shows up. In an emergency you can find me at Burger King but don't tell the kids.

Anonymous said...

"Quiet", said her father.
"Hush", said her mum.
"Norah", said her sister, "Why are you so dumb?"
A favorite in our house, too. love, Cathe

Anonymous said...

"I'm leaving," shouted Aaron, "and I'm never coming back!" And they didn't hear a sound but a tra la la from...Dylan? Snuffy? Did you hear the NAME of the new baby? Grandma Lisa