www.flickr.com

Saturday, September 15, 2007

StepTease

Go on, you try to entice the baby to walk while operating the video camera.


Dylan and I had a nice day today. I'm not sure if the same can be said for Aaron, who ate a quarter-pound chocolate bar and took to his bed for much of the day Although now that I think of it, that may actually be a dream day for him.

It abruptly became fall here and the days have been gorgeous. We went to a corn maze but were stymied by rain and cold. I'd like to try again though, it looks really cool.

I've again had people warning me about the end being nigh and whatnot with the imminent walking, but I'm not sure that's true. Rather than trying to walk Dylan has spent the last month perfecting her crawling (she's on what, month five of crawling now?), so she is REALLY fast. She can also pull up on most things, so there isn't a lot that she can't already reach. I guess when she can stand unaided she will be able to cause destruction with two hands at once, so that will be more efficient for her. Her favorite activity right now is unrolling the floss. It really keeps her busy, so I've been thinking of carrying some with me in case we get stuck in traffic or something.

Speaking of traffic, she is just shy of the 20 pounds necessary to turn the car seat around. I have heard it is a lot safer to keep it rear facing, which I don't think she will actually outgrow for at least another 6-12 months. However, that will have to be balanced with her rapidly growing hatred of the car seat, which I think wouldn't be so bad if we turned her around. It currently takes quick maneuvering and some muscle to get her in as she twists and fights, mostly trying to turn around so she can hang over the top of the seat and see out the front.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can attest to the quick crawling. While babysitting I had to take the cake out of the oven. I put Dylan down 2 rooms away & ran to the oven. It took four times before I could get the cake out & the oven closed before she got there. It didn't help that Dylan thought this was a relay and she was into winning. If the cake was overcooked, not my fault. Nana