www.flickr.com

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Chocolate: the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems

Sorry the posts have been a little sparse lately. I've had, let us say, a situation at work for the past week or so that has required me to focus my anxious energies there. It's on its way to resolution at this point, so you can once again be the beneficiaries of my wealth of knowledge. My wealth of knowledge is more or less limited to chocolate, so I guess that's the topic for today.

Of late I have been using the Ghirardelli Intense Dark Mint Bliss as my weekly chocolate. I generally don't like Ghirardelli chocolate that much, but the mint seems to work both as a cover up and as a deterrent to eating the whole bar in one fell swoop.

I have also had occasion recently to sample Camille Block Mousse Chocolat Noir and Vosges Barcelona Exotic Candy Bar. I was really excited about the Mousse bar. It's these half spheres of chocolate filled with mousse. How can you go wrong? I don't know, but you can. It combined no flavor whatsoever with over 550 calories in the bar, and I am seriously considering throwing out the second half. The Vosges, on the other hand, I wasn't as excited about because I haven't been into milk chocolate lately, but it. was. amazing. (and. is. gone.) The salt, almonds, and chocolate have this really cool complex flavor that changes over time. Mmmmm. Meat/chocolate lovers may want to try out this other one from Vosges.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron! A BACON bar!

Brigid said...

You should try the Guylan 72% cacao bar. I can't eat more than a square or two at once but it is DELECTABLE. Available at Wegmans (Isn't everything?)