www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

happy free cone day and other recent observations

Never gloat about turning off your heat, for it will cause you to one day come home to find your house at a balmy 61 degrees.

**************

Free cones! Yay! Thus marks the start of open season on ice cream. And, after a brief scare that our local ice cream place would be moving farther away, we have learned that it will be staying put due to: asbestos at the new location.

**************

We talk about things that are hot a lot with Dylan with great fear and reverence and an ultimate goal of preventing her from going within ten feet of the stove. So when my mom told Dylan she was feeling hot Dylan got quite alarmed.

**************

Public Service Announcement
To: Kind-hearted friends and relatives who take Dylan to the playground
She does not want to get off the swing. No, she does not. Stop asking.

**************

They told me that yesterday at daycare Dylan went around checking everyone's diapers and then trying to get them to come over to the changing table.

**************

I usually sneak out one weekend night after Dylan goes to bed to do the grocery shopping. I was at Wegmans by myself one night about a week ago. As I walked through the Passover section I noticed matzo sticks and thought to myself, hm, that's interesting, I haven't seen those before. I moved on to the next aisle over when suddenly the area I was in was being swarmed by teenagers looking for, you guessed it, matzo sticks, I guess for some kind of scavenger hunt. When I overheard them I pointed them to the correct aisle and kept looking around where I was. I soon realized that even though there were seven of them and the Passover aisle was about 15 feet long, they still couldn't find them. Eventually I couldn't take it anymore, marched over there myself, and handed them a box. I guess that officially makes me someone's mother, doesn't it? Also, I would like someone to arrange a scavenger hunt for me.

**************

And finally, here's a little nugget from Aaron, who was IMing with my brother about the college housing lottery for next year.

(confidential to Aaron: the top bunk, she is all yours)

No comments: