www.flickr.com

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Earning her keep, or not

A couple weeks ago I put Dylan in charge of feeding Snuffy. It was awesome. I had to but announce, "Time to feed Snuffy!" and Dylan would run into the kitchen, get his bowl, stand by the food holding the bowl while I scooped, then carefully place the food in its spot, stand back, and watch approvingly while he ate.

No longer. Now she runs the other direction, uses the bowl as an instrument,
chases Snuffy around if he doesn't eat promptly enough, and generally introduces a spirit of evil to the process. After what she served up this morning, I knew it was time to remove her entirely from feeding detail.

Speaking of evil and dog-feeding, I recently received this photo from Snuffy's (official) puppyhood a couple years ago. Also prominently featured: my butt.We left him and Mochi in the kitchen at Mochi's house and went out to eat. When we came back we all decided to sneak around and peek in the back door to see the cute puppies playing together. Instead, we came upon utter mayhem. They had managed to bump open the door with Mochi's food bucket and ate all of it, not to mention destroying the rest of the kitchen. We think of it as Snuffy's youthful bender indiscretion and use it to embarrass him when he gets too big for his britches.

I recently received another reminder the of same era, which makes me wonder exactly how long Aaron and Annabelle have been dating. Also, how long Annabelle has been "borrowing" our crepe pan. Also, when Aaron became a cartoon.

No comments: