www.flickr.com

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The reluctant vegan

The people who wrote the cupcake book also have a cooking blog. That combined with the overripe bananas taunting me this morning inspired a loaf of vegan banana bread. It was GREAT and you couldn't tell it was vegan at all and I was going to trick Aaron and give him some and then when he said how good it was I would be like, well it was vegan! But instead the first thing out of his mouth when I shoved a piece at him was, is this vegan? Dylan also thwarted me and took only one bite of it even though last time I made banana bread all she wanted to do all day was stuff it in her chubby face. I will soldier on though, as I am still excited to make her stuff she's not allergic to.

***************

A lot of baby information sources talk about learning to read your child's hunger and tired cues. I will thusly give you one of Dylan's tired cues: she happily flops around on the floor on her back like...some kind of weird animal that flops around on its back when it's tired.

1 comment:

Annie ~ إني said...

My cat does exactly that, but it means she wants a belly rub.