www.flickr.com

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Post-Birthday

I am now enlightened re: Shirley Temples, manliness thereof. However, I think when a grown man requests a Funfetti cake with animal sprinkles for his birthday it could be argued that we're entering a whole new league. But whatever, why don't you just tell me now how in France they use Funfetti to haze frat pledges or something.

Earlier this week Aaron arrived home just as the UPS man (who was not, as it turned out, in the basement) was leaving. Reasonably enough, he asked that I have my boyfriends over at less obvious times. When, a few minutes later, he realized that there was no package around he really started to get suspicious about the purpose of the UPS guy's visit. Nonetheless, when it is a few days before one's birthday one might try to use less coercive interrogation techniques to locate a mysteriously missing package. For future reference.

The most important thing I did for Aaron's birthday yesterday was scrape the car and get gas before he left for work. It wasn't windy this time, but there was basically a sheet of ice falling from the sky for about 10 hours. I have never seen the roads stay so bad for so long. The guy on the radio was like, eh, there's too many accidents to even get into this list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back in the day I used to LOVE that cake (before I found yoga and learned that sugar is the root of all my problems!)
Happy Birthday Aaron!

bleisenblog said...

Maybe for his birthday you could get Aaron to give up sugar and take up yoga?