www.flickr.com

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Food Update

We are deep in the realm of Crazy Picky Toddler Eatingdom. It's not quite what I expected. I thought there would be a short list of acceptable foods, some items that would occasionally be okay, and then most other things would be met with disdain. Instead, we have total unpredictability, and there's no easy way out since the only things Dylan always always wants to eat are yogurt and eggs, which I think are part of her allergy problem and I am trying to be stricter about not giving her. She doesn't seem to want many other typical kid foods, she doesn't want to eat the same few things all the time, yet she is usually not into trying new things. This week's Palatable Menu was all new foods and consisted of crushed walnuts, meatball sub, and fresh squeezed blood orange juice. That last one may have just been the novelty of the little Wegman's tasting cup, but she went on to drink half the bottle that I excitedly bought when she deigned to look at the tasting cup, and this is not a child who ever wants juice of any kind.

The other day I met an adult who seems to have the same dairy issue as Dylan (lots of amens when I talked about the eye bags). She said allergists don't seem to know much about it. She loaned me a few dairy-free cookbooks, including one that consists entirely of vegan cupcake and frosting recipes. Which brings us here:Then here:
Here:
And here:
They're really good if you don't mind the appalling baking powder aftertaste.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CAN I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HAVE THAT RECIPE???? Yes. I was shouting. Sorry but....VEGAN CUPCAKES!!!!

Anonymous said...

Please please please send me that recipe!! I don't mind a little aftertaste as long as the DURING taste is good! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh haha. You can decline one of my comments. What is this crazy comment moderation? :-P

bleisenblog said...

I already returned the book with the recipes, but it's called Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. The aftertaste went away after a night in the fridge.

Aaron said...

Interestingly, as the after taste left so did the cup cakes.

Anonymous said...

I'm ordering that book so if you need to borrow it again, let me know!!!