www.flickr.com

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Maybe we should just get a babysitter

Aaron and I take turns with who gets to do fun things outside the home after Dylan goes to bed. It works pretty well for us since we still think it is a treat to have any down time at all (see: Dylan's NO SLEEP TILL 2008! CAMPAIGN), so the person who stays home is happy too. I got to stay out for the Super Bowl, so even though I squandered that chance, when our friend Annabelle had Crepe Party 2008 the other night it was Aaron's turn. A good time and much food was had by all. At 8 the next morning I received the following text message:

Hey kate someone asked me if I was dating aaron!

To which I of course responded:

I have offered many times

And then she pointed out that they are going on a ski date Sunday. Which is true. While I stay home and I mind the child. Then Aaron suggested that it was because they were making out, then you know how it is with texting, one thing leads to another and before I know it Annabelle is saying how boring the lecture she was attending was. So now I am wondering if our system is really working for us, or if maybe it could use some tweaking. Your suggestions welcome.

One system that I can guarantee is going well is the one where every Saturday for the past four weeks we have gone to the public market in the morning and stuffed ourselves and Dylan full of Breakfast Sandwich. I finally remembered to bring the camera this morning and the sky finally stopped spewing ice, so I was able to get a few pictures for the first time. The food stands there have counter seating and the seats are completely outside in the summer. In the winter they put up temporary shelters which makes it feel like you are snuggled right up to the large dude manning the greasy greasy grill. This gives you a taste of what the shelter looks like, as well as the woman who is apparently trying to take my child as well as my husband, although I'm not sure Dylan has bought into that plan:
I like this picture because it seems like a movie-star-out-with-the-kid-in-NYC kind of shot

And I love this one because I think the colors look really cool and it's exactly the kid of picture I was hoping to get of the market

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stole your husband last week and today I stole your kid. Hmm...Your husband was more helpful in the kitchen :)