www.flickr.com

Thursday, January 31, 2008

On edge

The thing about Heroes is, it's terrifying. Usually some kind of stressful tidbit from my research is trying to ruin any calm moments I might have, but not this week. This week it's been more like, I hear footsteps and it's not Snuffy AND I THINK IT'S COMING FROM THE BASEMENT **KNOCK KNOCK** oh it's the UPS guy. Or, there is another massive wind storm, slightly less violent, but this time coupled with a 30-degree drop in temperature and a treacherous coating of ice but everything is creaking and moaning for two days and is the roof really going to stay on? Or, wait, where did Aaron go? I thought he was going to be right down and all the rooms are dark and where is Aaron? Oh right, the bathroom. Moral: please don't sneak up behind me or make the floorboards creak or breathe heavily into the monitor when Dylan isn't even home. Thank you.

The other day Dylan was wandering around downstairs, chattering a little more than usual. I turned around to find out it wasn't just that she was babbling, she had important business to conduct.
Chocolate bar of the week: Hachez 88% Cocoa. VERY dark, but also smooth. This worked well because it was so bitter I couldn't eat too much of it but it was still really good.

**Special Feature** Food item I cannot live without even though it is too much money: this granola. It's like eating cake, and it's made locally. Bonus from the website: "Formerly Mountain Creek Herb Farm."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omg ... i know exactly what you mean about heroes!! i watched a few episodes when i was staying by myself in an old B&B with a shared bathroom in the hallway, and i was totally too scared to go to the bathroom that night. the creaks coming from the hallway were definitely not natural, and i wanted no part of that!

bleisenblog said...

Exactly. It's like we've been watching horror movies for four days straight.