www.flickr.com

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Tempest

The wind. Oh my god, the wind. Schools closed, gusts up to 75 miles per hour, general apocalyptic feeling to the day. I almost got out the video camera to tape how quickly the clouds were going by. Then I forgot. That's more or less how I operate these days, in a permanent fog of dumb. Yesterday we had a pleasant, if unsettling, high near 70.

Other new words, of a sort:
baa
moo
quack
roar
DIT! dit dit dit dit dit. Said often and with great purpose but what? does? it? mean? My latest theory is "sing."
thank you
bath time

She also shrugs her shoulders to indicate a question. For example, "Where's Bear Bear?" would be her saying Beah Beah while turning her hands up and shrugging her shoulders. Yet to be caught on film. Speaking of Bear Bear, I disappointed the whole class today by forgetting him. We had two unspeakably early mornings this week because I was giving presentations. Remind me not to give presentations. But anyway, it was early and Bear Bear got left behind. It won't happen again.

Today I trawled around in her mouth during bath time and found that 2.5 new molars have taken residence there. That explains the remaining clinginess not explained by exhaustion and Mysterious Gas-Producing Ailment (MGPA). I wasn't expecting them because from the front it still looks like she just has those same six goofy teeth she's had for months. I'm afraid we're still in the midst of 1.5 more molars coming in and man does that seem like it must hurt.

Snuffy! Relax, dog. You've maxed out your walks and romps for the day. Why don't you do something useful?

We won't have the test results from the last round for another week, but MGPA seems to be slowly resolving. Not that that seems to have resulted in more sleep.

A girl and her bear

No comments: