www.flickr.com

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tips; By Kate

There is little more anxiety-provoking than being stood up for a work meeting in a busy diner by someone that you haven't met. You will be tempted to accost each person who walks in the door. You will wonder if, although the person sounded like a young woman on the phone, it is really that elderly man wandering around by the counter. You will be tricked into eating at that dive at the end of the block that you have successfully avoided for five years on the principal that the same family who owns that sucky car place at the end of the block also runs it and also everyone says it is terrible. Try to avoid this situation.

Netflix's streaming service, Watch Instantly, is awesome. Except for the crappy selection, which is probably because of licensing fees or something. The other day I got the bright idea that I could stream a workout video so I wouldn't have to go to the gym. The selection in the Fitness section proved as limited as in the regular people section, so I would up following the cardio kickboxing orders of Jillian from The Biggest Loser. That is one awkward girl, let me tell you. I knew we were on the same page though when she reassured me that you can't do resistance training EVERY day. Actually, I liked the workout, especially because it only lasts 20 minutes. Summary: Stream Jillian through Netflix.

The calendar I posted yesterday is more all-knowing than I suspected. That chain thing updates itself when you post it on your blog.

This vegetarian lentil soup recipe is amazing, and I do not have a knack for soupcraft. I think it is the splash of vinegar. Eat the soup.

No comments: