www.flickr.com

Monday, January 14, 2008

A productive day

I have long been searching for the chocolate equivalent of methadone. I require chocolate at least once a day, usually more, to avoid total grumpiness (although according to a close personal relative, air makes me grumpy, so maybe this is all a moot point). I have trolled the excellent candy section at Wegmans, looking for something that will give me my fix without causing me to inhale the entire bar in one breath. My strategy of late has been to try darker and darker bars, but even eating what is essentially glorified baker's chocolate has not yet stopped me. Today I think I might have the answer: nutmeg. I didn't mean to buy a nutmeg-flavored chocolate bar, but it had cocoa nibs, which I defy you to resist. Even I do not want to scarf down an entire chocolate bar full of nutmeg, but it is good enough otherwise that I still want to eat a little. Mission accomplished.

Upcoming Missions:

Bringing Snuffy up to grade level
Performing surgery to have the couch removed from Aaron and Dylan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading to the young ones works. Have you not heard Snuffy bark?

Annie ~ إني said...

I predict that you'll tire of the nutmeg chocolate.