www.flickr.com

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Of Hair and Gremlins

We overdosed on Monk episodes when I was on maternity leave (or "The Netflix Months" as I like to think of it), and I haven't been able to watch it for a while. Last night Aaron wanted to watch an episode, and the time seemed right so I agreed to sit through it. Phew, was it worth it. It was the one with Howie Mandel as a nefarious cult leader, which is comedy gold as far as I'm concerned (Aaron: "Do you think the banker was involved in the murder?"). As I was trained to do growing up, I predicted the outcome within two minutes of the show starting, despite spousal nay saying. In case you need further convincing that this episode is worth your time, consider the following:

Captain Stottlemeyer: She became a member of the world's oldest profession.

Monk: Ah, stone masonry.

Now I've gone and looked up Howie on Wikipedia. Wikipedia, you complete me. Did you know he ALSO hosts Deal or No Deal Canada? (But not, unfortunately, the French version, Le Banquier. Six of the case holders are men. Men!) Or that he was Gizmo in Gremlins? AND Bunsen, Animal, and Skeeter on Muppet Babies? What an awesome body of work.

And now for those of you who are not interested in Howie Mandel, here is Dylan's pretty pretty hairstyle (obviously not done by me) from yesterday:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bleisenblog, your cultural heritage makes your parents proud. Grandma E.

Annie ~ إني said...

I predicted the outcome before it even started.