www.flickr.com

Monday, January 21, 2008

meh meh meh

For someone who disdains such things, Aaron knew an awful lot of details about the last episode of Celebrity Apprentice. But all is forgotten since he is solely in charge of bedtime duty as I seem to elicit either delighted giggles ("it's you! again! yay!") or miserable shrieks ("it's you! again! AAAAAAAAAAH!") but not much in the way of sleep. Lately bedtime has involved a nightly lottery of sorts wherein Aaron gets trapped in the room with Dylan for 5 to 60 minutes, then emerges, dazed, and demands dessert.

Although Dylan is doing great at daycare, she is still not above an anguished moan or two when I drop her off in the morning, just until I'm out of sight. (Now that I think about it, she does the exact same thing when I go to take Snuffy for a walk -- she clings to the baby gate and wails. And she understands what we're talking about so she starts wailing as soon as I even mention walking Snuffy.) This morning one of the boys in her class, let's call him Quinn, was clinging to his mom and whining. He has been in her class since she started a year ago, and his mom was clearly upset. Dylan is apparently sort of manipulative, because when we got there this morning she happily ran over and sat in her teacher's lap, then ran to get snack and waved bye bye nicely as I walked out of the room. The poor other mother was like, oh no, what have we done wrong? Don't worry, I told her Dylan cries when I leave every. single. day.

I think being sick must have been really hard on her system because since being better for the past few weeks I have noticed a lot of changes. She has plumped right up, which is good because she was looking a little scrawny for a while there, and she is more alert and communicative. I have been working on the idea of "two" for a while because she always wants both Bear Bears. This afternoon I handed her a cracker for each hand and she held them up and said two very clearly. She also said "more Bear Bear" this morning when she had only one and last week she said "bye bye dada". I have been trying for WEEKS to get her to add another word after more because otherwise she just yells meh MEH MEH increasingly loudly and agitatedly and I often don't know what she's talking about. I call it the baby alarm going off and it is really annoying. Last week we also celebrated baby's first poop in the bathtub, which had Aaron rocking back in forth in the corner for a while asking why me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am certain Dylan will appreciate your documenting the poop in the bathtub incident for posterity.