www.flickr.com

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Snow Apocalypse is Nigh

All anyone could talk about today was the impending doom. It started snowing at 5pm, just as predicted, and was clear right up until then, which was creepy. Doom or no, I had an important craving to go to the bookstore, so we were out driving with a ton of other fools around 6 or 7. Several inches have already piled up, but I can't find the camera charger so I can't take a before picture. Aaron got an e-mail saying that the hospital does not close so you need to plead for mercy from your manager if you want to stay home. Daycare, however, is planning on closing tomorrow if a state of emergency is declared. We're supposed to get 12 to 18 inches by 5pm tomorrow.

Speaking of daycare...today went well. The first sign of this was when I was greeted with enthusiasm by the staff instead of the traditional sullen glares. I'm not that surprised since I have noticed that over the past couple of days that she has really chilled out. It's about the right time for her to come out of the latest fussy phase, so I hope that's what's happening. I left her there a little longer before checking on her so she actually got hungry and drank six ounces from the sippy cup, which was all that I had left for her since she usually only takes one or two. Her teachers responded by saying, great, now that she's eating can you bring in some bottles so she can get more at once? I have NO idea why they think success with the sippy cup means she can now take a bottle, but I will humor them and bring some in. I wish they would be as nice to me and her even on bad days.

No comments: