www.flickr.com

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Two Baby Stories

As I was buying groceries the other evening the clerk saw the diapers and asked how old the baby was. The baby was actually there with me, but Aaron was off on a bench holding her sleeping self as we had mismanaged her schedule and she passed out while we debated which brand of hot chocolate to get. I said the baby was five months and she asked if she was talking yet. I was like, uh, no. She said she had a four year old and she remembered that age blah blah blah. She then went on to say, oh, every baby develops differently more blah blah blah. I thought, why is she saying those things. Until she told me that her daughter had said mama at four months. Of course.

People are so funny about Dylan's size. If they aren't really familiar with babies and they find out she's a girl they tell me how petite she is. Ha. If they do know how big babies generally are at different ages they're like oh my god she's huge. A woman the other day told me she is as big as a baby she knows born in May, who is not a particularly small baby. That's our fatty.

No comments: