www.flickr.com

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Arrived

As far as flights across the country with a 14-month-old go, I think this one wasn't too bad.

Highlights:

I kept a quick diaper changing kit in a plastic bag for the flights. Dylan adopted that bag as another child might a blankie and dragged it lovingly all over the airport.

I gave her a little baby doll, Dylan, to play with. She LOVED it and patted its head and rubbed its back. Good baby.

Also popular were: Aaron's ipod, my little magnifying glass, the window, the peek-a-boo book, big chunky crayons for little chunky fingers, and toilet paper. For the way back I have some floss and scotch tape.

Dylan was happy and cheerful most of the day.

We didn't check bags. No wait when we arrived!

Lowlights:

We didn't check bags! That's a lot of stuff to haul around all day!

The movie was...Transformers.

Dylan got up at 5:30am the day we left for no reason at all.

I got a mini Bop It as part of my baby plane entertaining program. It makes noise but is relatively quiet, and Dylan loves the big version so I thought it would be a good choice. It was, until it started making a loud siren noise when we messed up. Perhaps not the best idea mid-flight.

We bought a seat for Dylan because we thought it would make the long flight a lot easier, but it meant she had her own seat on the Rochester to Philadelphia flight also. On that flight she fell asleep on the plane from before we left the gate, after intensive sleep-generating efforts. Fifteen minutes later the flight attendant told me that since we had a seat for her she had to be in it and I could not hold her, even though we could easily not have gotten her a seat. This is an instant ticket to awake for Dylan. I thought about using my 3oz liquid bags to inflict some injuries. This rule turns out not to be an actual "rule" so much as a "power trip" because on the next flight no one said a word when I held her as she slept at the beginning of the flight. Why she fell asleep at the worst time possible TWICE I do not know.

Dylan's digestive system has still not fully recovered. She went through three outfits and eight diapers during the trip.

No comments: