www.flickr.com

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Stylings

The most important consequence of Annie leaving the country for two years has been a precipitous drop into the world of paying someone to cut my hair. I have gone to the same guy three times, so I guess I am now qualified to casually drop his name into conversations, as in "my stylist says this oil won't weigh hair down" and "Pierre* mentioned that the Incan calendar ends in 2012. What did they know?" I have generally been happy with Pierre's work, otherwise why would I keep going back, except that it is less than a mile from my house and that carries a lot of weight with me, but anyway I have been happy with my hair. Except this time for all the washing, cutting, moussing, blow drying, oiling, and straightening, I can't help but think that I've ended up with a bowl cut:

(also captured: my main parenting insight, ie Dylan loves the electric toothbrush)(also, please note that this particular head of hair will never be this styled again because spending time on my hair makes me feel like my life force is draining away)(nerd)

*Name changed to a stereotype.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

can we please see a FRONT view of your hair? I'm so curious! I don't even believe that hair belongs to the kate I know and love!

ps there's a reason people generally don't use electric appliances while in the bathtub....

Anonymous said...

K-
I know you had that same haircut when you were 3!!!

Anonymous said...

Your own mother wouldn't recognize you. Love, Your Own Mother

bleisenblog said...

Jill, now that you mention it, it does look exactly the same as in those pictures from England.