www.flickr.com

Saturday, January 27, 2007

CrankyPants

According to both the Wonder Weeks and fussiness level, Dylan is at the beginning of another fussy period. It will purportedly last about three weeks and then we're in the clear for a couple of months (exceptions: teething, bad sleep nights, looking at the baby cross-eyed, phases of the moon). Three weeks doesn't sound long, but come stay with us for a few days and you might feel differently. She has started acting shy and bursting into tears when people who aren't me or Aaron hold her or look at her. She'll play with toys for a while, but wants to be held and enteratined a lot. She does NOT like to get dressed. Although as she gets more functional the unhappy times seem a little easier on her.

The days she was at daycare this week didn't go that well. And unfortunately I feel like the fussier she is at daycare the less they really try to play with her or comfort her because they don't get a lot of positive feedback from it. I sometimes try to dress her particularly cutely because that makes them like her more because her class is almost all boys (scummy, I know, but whatever makes things easier for her there). They just don't seem to be able to deal with her very well when she's being sort of high maintenance. I know it is like wishing for the End of Days to want the baby to start crawling, but that is her ticket to the next room up at daycare, where they have the same adult to child ratio but do a lot more fun stuff.

She really tricked me into thinking she was easygoing those first three months, but I see now that I was wrong. She's still a lot of fun right now though. She smiles every time I look at her and wiggles her whole body happily, like Snuffy wagging his tail.

No comments: