www.flickr.com

Thursday, January 04, 2007

If you liked those posts about insurance...

Ha! Yes! I am stupid! I'm glad we're all enjoying ourselves with that one.

Daycare was okay yesterday. I only kept Dylan there for two hours, not because she was hysterical but because she can't take a decent nap there and I can't stand not letting her sleep if she's tired. The infant room is very bright and the babies, they make noise, so she's not really used to sleeping there yet. She did cry, but they were able to calm her down. She'll take an ounce or two from the sippy cup pretty routinely if she's hungry, but she clearly considers it a diversion rather than a meal and usually wants to nurse afterwards. She is not as on edge as she was before we left on break, so I'm hoping she'll do better this time.

And now for a real life shaggy dog story. We put our mail on hold when we went away. Figuring it would be too much to deliver all at once, we said we would pick it up from the post office when we got back. The website said to go to your local post office, so I searched online to make sure I was going to the closest one. Aaron and I both carefully checked the website to make sure I was doing the right thing. I went at 5:00pm yesterday, which was the worst time possible because it was right before closing, right after work, right after the holidays so everyone has packages to return, and the day after it had been closed for three days in a row. So the line was beyond long. I wait and wait and wait as one of the three clerks takes a 15-minute break, a non-fluent English speaker tries to decipher the detailed instructions he was being given about preparing his package, and an impressively spherical couple slowly filled out forms for the 25 packages they needed to send. When I got to the front of the line, the woman looked at me like I was nuts, because of course they don't do that there, that's the other post office across town. So I went home sadly and Aaron and I resolved to go to the other branch later that evening. Fast forward a couple of hours. We load ourselves and babyface in the car and venture out again. I astutely note that the mail hold window is a different one than the regular window, so we competently go stand in that, quite short, line. Quite short but not. moving. When we got to the front of that line, the guy is like did you call ahead? Well, too bad because that section is closed for the day and you should have called this morning and here's the number, maybe you can leave a message. So no mail for us. Aaron is supposed to get it this morning, wish him luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How far past the hospital is the post office?

bleisenblog said...

Okay, Anonymous, I'll take away your comment priveleges if you continue to mock me. And put you in time out.

Update: Aaron went to get the mail after calling this morning...and they said they didn't have it there, perhaps it will be delivered today.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I wasn't involved in the trip to the post office... you can't blame this one on me! :)