www.flickr.com

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

random baby observations

Dylan's bedtime is slowly moving earlier, and is now generally in the 9 - 11pm range. She's not rolling over yet, but she's getting stronger and twisting more and more. If you're holding her and eat or drink something she'll squirm all around to be able to watch your mouth. She likes peek-a-boo and being naked, and I would swear that she knows what bathtime means because when I plop her down on the bathmat in the evening and say bathtime she gets really excited. When we're not wrestling with daycare, she is now routinely taking a most excellent two-hour morning nap. Sometimes she'll take another long one later in the day, although more often it's two crappier naps. The reflux is definitely getting better. We still have to hold her up when she falls asleep eating, but sometimes not for quite as long (we're so beaten down by this that holding her up for only an hour seems like a treat). She babbles all the time now when she's in a good mood, although it has an unfortunate screeching quality to it. She has been very calm and laid-back for the past few days, which has been a lot of fun.











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I haven't checked the blog recently and I would just like to say that I bet I could win the snuffy hoisting contest, seeing as I am such a great arm wrestler (remember the wedding?).

bleisenblog said...

Really, we're all winners in the Snuffy hoist contest.

Anonymous said...

Isn't there really a little bit of Snuffy hoister in all of us? Tommy

Anonymous said...

I'll confess I just forged Tommy's signature on that last comment.