www.flickr.com

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Day 13: Home

I got up this morning and spent two hours packing up our stuff. Annabelle was in Ithaca visiting, and we filled her car up to take back to Rochester also. Of course, now we're not going to leave for another hour or more because Dylan and Aaron are both asleep, but it means I get computer time.

We have been playing the Wii a lot the past couple of days. My mom beat my dad in baseball, but it was a close game. Tommy and I have been playing the surgery game (a glorified version of Operation)...Tommy, do your homework...I can't, I'm in surgery. It's a lot of fun, and you really do have to clear out the room so you don't smack anyone when you swing the controller.

Dylan has been taking great naps the past few days and slept ten hours again for the past few nights. She is a much happier baby. She is not flipping over yet, and I think it might take her another couple of weeks still. We went and looked in Annie's baby book, and she was flipping over at 3 months and crawling at 6 months. We can't find my baby book, and Tommy's didn't have any entries in it until he was 11 months. At first I thought it would be really hard to be on the road so much because we use the cradle swing a lot at home to help her sleep, but it's actually been good because now we're much better at getting her to sleep without it.

I guess I better share this story with the Internet because it's already promising to haunt me forever anyway. We were getting ready to go to dinner on New Year's Eve. Everyone left without me because Dylan was napping and Annabelle hadn't arrived yet (I had to talk her in with the help of Mapquest because Ithaca is unpossible to navigate in the darkm or in the light for that matter). We finally get ourselves packed up and in the car, and Dylan starts screaming at the peak of hysteria. It's taking a while to get to the restaurant, so I finally call and ask how far past the hospital is this restaurant anyway? And it turns out it's not past the hospital at all, it's past Ithaca College, several miles in the opposite direction on a completely different hill. Ha ha let's all have a hearty laugh at Kate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Who doesnt know anything about getting to places NOW? Hahaha what a dummy.

World Peace For All,

Annie