www.flickr.com

Thursday, January 11, 2007

daycare report

Well, daycare is marginally better. Although better doesn't mean that much when you're starting from such a place as we are. Dylan doesn't get hysterical quite like she did last month, and they can usually calm her down when she is unhappy. There have been only six kids in the room for a while, and I wonder if that isn't making the difference because she's getting more attention. They are getting to know her better too, and I think even the meager response she has given them has made them a little more enthusiastic about playing with her. Today at my suggestion they tried having the swing face the wall to get her to sleep because she seems like she can't bear to sleep with so much going on, and I think that worked better. At one point the center director walked in and was taken aback to see a baby apparently in timeout. I am still going over to feed her every 1.5-2 hours. We still haven't left her there all day, but we are slowly building up the amount of time she's there. I think it is starting to seem like we will be able to keep her there, although I think it will be at least another 6-8 weeks before I am really comfortable with her there.

I'm still running, although our trip derailed me a bit since I couldn't get out for a bunch of the days. I think I'm almost back to where I was before we left.

I'm getting better at working all day, although if we have a bad night it's hard to focus. My dissertation project is going well, but I have done just enough to realize all the obstacles to getting it done. And started. So many obstacles.

No comments: