www.flickr.com

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Daycare, Week 3 Day 3

We are really not making a lot of progress at daycare. I stayed there for a half hour this morning to get Dylan to sleep and it took her that whole time to calm down enough because there's so much going on there, even though at home she would have gone to sleep quite easily at that time. They said that pretty much happens every day. Then she only stays asleep for like 20 minutes because she doesn't like the swings there. So an hour in she's generally exhausted and things just go downhill and once she gets all upset no one has figured any way to get her to calm down besides having her nurse.

We are leaving tomorrow on an epic almost two-week road trip. I'm hoping those two weeks will make a difference and that things will go better once we start up again in January. In the meantime we can work on the bottle and on trying to help Dylan calm down without nursing and I have no idea what else to do. Yesterday when I went to pick her up there was one woman (I think maybe they called in the one person she likes) rocking her trying to give her a bottle while another one operated her elephant over and over (oh yes, there's an elephant version of the beloved lion and she loves them both). She seems to need a 2:1 adult to baby ratio rather than 1:4.

Today when I picked her up, exhausted and whimpering, I took her back to my office for a minute. As soon as my friends came out to talk to her she was all smiles and cooing. Jerk.

Don't be fooled by the sweet pictures, for she is an evil baby monster.


























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is getting cuter and cuter. Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah from the Cathles in Switzerland