www.flickr.com

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thursday daycare report

Successful, but sort of pathetic.

I decided to try a few things differently today. I brought her in the early afternoon instead of the morning. I wrote out a list of things we find work well with her. She had just napped and been fed when I brought her in. And I came back and picked her up after an hour. All in all, not that helpful to me as a way to get free time, but vastly better than the previous three days, when she was absolutely hysterical and inconsolable every single time I got there to pick her up, even when I was only gone an hour.

Today when I got there she was sitting in a high chair like it was her throne, happily yammering away at the room. She really just likes to see what's going on around her, and I think that helped a lot. They said she cried once, but they got her to calm down pretty easily. I decided to take her home today while she was happy rather than pushing my luck. We still have to work on the bottle, which will help her wake up from naps without panicking, but maybe this is a good first step. Luckily we have quite a few weeks to play around with this before both of us are working all day again.

No comments: