www.flickr.com

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Guess who got a jury summons

And it's not me. It's for the first week of classes spring semester, so that should work out great. Other fun things that have happened in the past week besides daycare...I took the car in for an oil change and it needed several hundred dollars worth of new tires...Snuffy ate the pompom off my favorite hat...the temperature got down to 16 degrees and I had to walk Snuffy and there were four inches of snow on the ground and I wore my Crocs and forgot to wear socks and my feet froze off.

Dylan has been very cranky and not wanting to be put down the past few days. I looked in the book that talks about the fussy times and again she's doing exactly what it says. Unfortunately, it also says this will last four more weeks. That combined with continued efforts at daycare should make for good times ahead. I think I am making some progress with the bottle but it's still going to be a while before she'll take it readily. I think the people at daycare think all problems will be solved once she does that. Fools.

We put Dylan in the exersaucer because she is really enjoying toys now even though she is way too small for her feet to reach the ground. We put a big thick book under them so they would touch. She definitely likes it, although she mostly tries to climb out because through some oversight she can't get her mouth on the toys from the seat.




















Aaron came upon this little scene in the kitchen yesterday:

4 comments:

Aaron said...

The picture is of snuffy and his one true love, the prodigal pink ball. Sorry Melanie and Ted.

Anonymous said...

Not that I am obsessed with avoiding jury duty, but I just did a letter to help someone out of jury duty (for totally legit reasons) and the summons said something about full time caregivers being able to not serve. Did you read the front and back of the summons for helpful hints?

Anonymous said...

Miga has a red ball (made by Kong) that she is similarly fond of, which is to say comppletely obsessed with. I throw it for her in the backyard, and as it is quite bouncy, it occasionally bounces over the fence, throwing Miga into a panic. Actually, it throws both of us into a panic, as our house is on a hill, so it's a race against time as the ball rolls down the street. One time I could not find it, and Miga was very distressed. Three days later, we were walking down the cross street several blocks away, and what should she find in the gutter? You guessed it: the red ball. All's well that ends well. --Sarah

bleisenblog said...

How nice to hear another lost and found beloved ball story. We are not alone -- maybe a support group is in order?