www.flickr.com

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

So far so good...

Dylan has been at daycare since 8 this morning. I think things are going better this week for a couple of reasons, neither of which includes taking a bottle successfully. One, she is getting used to being there. I don't think she panics quite as much as she did last week when she looks around and sees where she is. Two, the staff is getting to know the nature of the beast (little, cute, wearing polka dot jammies) -- she wants to be held and entertained ALL the time. They are of course not thrilled about that since they have other babies that need tending to also, but at least they are learning how to keep her from losing it. When I went in at 10:30 to feed her, I looked around and little Sammy, let's call him, was gone. Every trace had been erased from his cubby to his crib to his shelf on the fridge. I guess that's the nature of the infant room, but it all seemed to sudden. Once the little buggers are fairly mobile they get booted up to the next room, usually around 8 - 10 months.

I actually went into school today during one of the breaks between sessions at daycare with Dylan. Of course I didn't actually get any work done because the first order of business was to catch up with everyone there.

No video yet, but here's another picture until I can get it to work. Note the stream of drool hanging delicately off her chin.










Edited to add:

1 comment:

Mummy Potter said...

Snuffy is the dark curly head on the video, right? This sounds like the best daycare day yet!