www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Multitasking

Oh man, I have just been swamped with work today. I thought I would have a nice 6 weeks of no work, but much of it has tracked me down...administrative paperwork from med school to maintain my student status (not even related to maternity leave), the database from the free clinic, insurance stuff, my dissertation project. I have pretty much been either working or feeding the baby all day. At one point I was listening to a CDC conference call with vital implications for my research project while feeding the baby. Plus we just got a new cell phone ($150 value! Free! with two-year activation) that I was using for the call and didn't know how to work the mute function at first so that the other 15 people on the call couldn't hear the barking dog or crying baby or whining husband (just kidding sweetie, you were whining very quietly).

I managed to pump earlier today, but the baby has more or less been hungry since then because I took all her food. I am still trying to figure out when I am supposed to pump since I am feeding her all the time. She still is having painful gas, but I would say it has been better the past few nights. I don't know if it's from my diet or because I have been giving her gas drops. But there is definitely a huge difference between general cranky baby and baby in pain from gas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Flickr works on Uncle Mr. T's computer. Must sort out problem. Disgruntled in Ithaca