www.flickr.com

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Two Months

Dylan went to bed at 9:30 last night!!!! And slept until 8:30. My life is complete.

Dylan's two month pediatrician visit is tomorrow. I hear she will be stuck with needles in every limb so it should be a good time.

One thing that I thought was really cool was how she did exactly what the book said a couple weeks ago. I think I've mentioned this before, but this book I have has approximate times when babies go through developmental leaps and says how long they will be cranky and clingy around each leap. Right on cue she had those few days where she didn't want to be put down for any amount of time. Then she snapped out of it completely and has been easygoing again, and even more alert. She is controlling her arms and legs now, although she's not good at it.

She reminds me of Hobbes lately. Except she's a chicken instead of a tiger. When she is in the house with me and Aaron she chats all the time (she's a big gossip) and smiles easily and she is even laughing now, which looks sort of ridiculous. The minute someone else comes over or we take her out she goes limp and gets unresponsive.

I have been taking her to Wegmans in the evenings during cranky time. I stay until she starts crying and then get out of there. It is sort of a leap of faith to take a crying baby out into the night, but once we get out she is much better. It is also convenient since Aaron will only eat bananas that have not even thought about getting brown spots on them, so I get him fresh bananas a lot.

I had to call the vet this morning about getting Snuffy tested for lyme disease because he had a tick. I tried to ask it anonymously because I'm embarrassed about how much we end up there, but I was outed eventually. "Why don't you tell me more about your situation specifically...What's the last name...That's Snuffy, isn't it?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fresh bananas each day? And you call DYLAN a monkey??

Anonymous said...

Yes fresh bananas. He must have had very loving parents. Nana M
Kate next time you call the vet trying using an accent.