www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Smile

Dylan's first real on purpose smile was last Friday. Since then she has been quite stingy with them and will make us work really hard to please her, only to tease us with half smiles or spit up. Yesterday MummyP happened upon a technique of wrenching Dylan's fat little drumsticks around while singing, which makes her smile much more consistently and seem really happy. I tried to video her doing it and her expression went blank as she sat mesmerized by the camera. So in this clip I have the camera set up to the side at a strange angle. She is bouncing around because I am moving her legs the whole time.



Last night I answered the phone. There was that fateful pause, then someone mispronouncing Aaron's name and calling him mister, so I said he wasn't home. Then it turned out to be an Indian classmate of his who wanted help with the homework, but I was stuck in my lie and had to say he would call her back when he got home. Heh heh.

In the same category of dumb things I did yesterday, I woke the baby up in the morning and had her all fed and ready to leave the house to go to a doctor's appointment, went to the appointment, and found out it was actually scheduled for today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a glorious way to begin the day-logging on and laughing along with Dylan! Love, G and C

Anonymous said...

How adorable! I was hoping that lil' Dylan might be taking requests. If so, FREEBIRD! FREEBIRD!