www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Slinging the baby

You know how I was all excited about the sling? Well I haven't been able to get Dylan into it in weeks because she screams so much when I try. I don't think she likes having her legs confined like that. She is already a disappointment to her parents.

So anyway we got a Baby Bjorn the other day because I really want some way of carrying her with my hands free. I didn't want one initially because the reviews aren't that great and I thought the sling seemed a lot nicer. But the lack of screaming certainly recommends it for the moment. She falls asleep in it almost instantly and her legs are free to keep up the constant kicking. I have gone walking with her and Snuffy and after an hour or so it starts to get fairly uncomfortable but it's fine before that. I also thought it was a little too hard to get her in it, but it turns out I hadn't unfastened a buckle that is for babies 8 - 11 pounds, so I have been squishing her.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

try putting her in the sling in an upright position, with her legs sticking out the bottom and her butt in the sling.

bleisenblog said...

Okay, it sounds like she might like that more.

Sarah said...

also, the ergo baby carrier seems to be just about everyone's favorite, and it's the most comfortable one we've tried. and you can put the baby on your back, which is great.