www.flickr.com

Monday, October 15, 2007

And the Winner is...

But first, I would like to highlight the exciting goings on at the links in the sidebar. (just like a real awards show. cut to commercial.)

Congratulations Justin and Juliet!

Next, follow Kate and Annabelle, two of Dylan's biggest fans, as they traipse around Botswana and South Africa for a month or so.

Third, and not actually a link at all, Annie is blogging again from Morocco. I don't want to link to it so hers stays more anonymous, but e-mail me or comment if you want the link and don't have it.

And rounding out the links are Eloise, who is almost exactly a year older than Dylan and whose archives Dylan checks for appropriate behavior and Nate, who is a few months younger than Dylan, although he is clearly advanced in the toga party arena.

*******************************

And now, the results. First off, the chicken got no votes, so the call for reform over last year is clear. The lion and the hot dog were tied for fourth with three votes each. I don't know who voted for the hot dog, but this option was really a self help tool to identify the masochists in my readership -- what could be more frustrating for a new walker than to put her in a bunting costume? The kangaroo came in third, with 8 votes, although there were some suggestion of officially endorsed high tech ballot stuffing. And now, dum dum dum dum dum.......tied for first place, with 10 votes apiece, were Yoda and Monkey. I have to say, I was surprised at Yoda's strong showing and had not considered it a real contender. Nor do I now. I know the voting public is outraged by this flagrant flouting of election laws, but blah blah blah dictatorship and iron fist and all. I defy you to look at these pictures and tell me I made the wrong decision, poll or no poll. DEFY! Also, check out Dylan's new beloved, a sharp, cutty seltzer can.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOHHH, so you DID want the kangaroo to win? I thought you were hoping the monkey would win because of all the exclamation points. I'm so bad at reading between the lines.

Juliet said...

Thank you!

I really like the kangaroo, although the hot dog was tempting despite the lack of footedness. But then I figured it would be more appropriate for our own (immobile) baby.