www.flickr.com

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Order your festival tickets now

The thought of starting in on the various details of the Festival of Home Maintenance (Rochester, NY, Sept - Oct 2007) makes me bored, so let's just say that it involved working with four different service companies and that everything is now working. I will add that I got one estimate for having the gutter fixed (broken, I believe, by the insulation guys driving their truck into it)(it would have turned the driveway into a slip and slide if it froze, so maybe we should have taken advantage of that before repairing it) of $390 (cannot be repaired, must replace entire gutter plus downspout while we're at it). The guy from the second place I called was like, that's so easy I couldn't charge you more than $20 to fix it.

I heard a woman on the radio today lamenting the commercialization of Halloween. Won't somebody think of the children?

Bedazzled
Parenting in Action
Snuffy's Madonna pose

1 comment:

Sol said...

see, childcare isn't that hard! i'd like to play guitar hero, i mean babysit sometime again soon.