www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Days 2 & 3

Tuesday
I am again in some ways impressed with the work that has been done on the house so far -- they replaced 18 windows and did almost all of the rest of the work they had planned in less than two days. In other ways, I am less impressed -- the things that fell through the communication gap and were not going to be included in the work order were the gas leaks and the fixing of the bathroom vent so it doesn't go directly into the attic. Also, paint chips everywhere. Oh right, and did I mention He-Who-Is-No-Longer-Employed-By-The-Contractor wrote down the wrong numbers for five of the windows? And they'll have to be rush ordered? And they'll have to come back in a couple weeks to do them? That's what we learned today.

Wednesday
We have not put Dylan on the floor in the house in THREE DAYS. This has been stressful and exhausting and now the entire house is covered in paint dust and every surface needs to be scrubbed. Dylan took late naps today and yesterday so she didn't get to bed until late, which cuts down on the already paltry amount of mental health in the household. As of noon they were going to finish everything today (errant windows aside), but as of 3:00pm a Friday session was planned. They did talk the nice policeman out of giving me a ticket for having the car in the street, you know, due to the HUGE TRUCK in the driveway. Have I ever told you about the time I got a ticket while switching the cars in the driveway?

But, you ask, how did all this affect Snuffy? Not well, I will tell you. He spent most of the week so far in the yard by himself because this house has a separation of work and dog policy. Late yesterday morning it rained pretty hard, so he got a temporary reprieve and was let back in the house. Today I learned that he escaped during that time and was three houses down before they caught him. I tried to take him running last night but he yakked halfway through and was so pathetic I just walked him home. It was hard to tell if it was from general stress or from eating some work-related materials, but I am guessing the latter due to the marathon, surround sound Snuff stomach gurgling session that lulled us to sleep later that night. I cannot overemphasize how loud the gurgling was. At first I thought it was coming from the monitor and that Dylan's room had been taken over by aliens.

A casualty of all the upheaval was the Giant Box of Fun. I present to you this photo series in memoriam:





No comments: