www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Back in Dodge

Wow, I don't think I've gone that long without posting before. I apologize for any pain I may have caused my loyal readers. See, what happened was I skipped town for a couple of days, lured by promises of food and a full night's sleep. Never fear, I will now fill your screen with mindless drivel once again.

I hadn't spent a night away from Dylan before, since I have thus far dragged her along wherever I have gone, but all made it through unscathed. I spent less than 24 hours (should this trip have been the basis for a television series? you decide) in New York City, and I like to think that less that 15 of those hours were spent eating. My dad has befriended all the chocolatiers in lower Manhattan, so that works out well. Tommy College Man followed the family tradition of dousing me with perfume samplers, so maybe 8 of the hours were spent sneezing. And I spent all of the hours whining about not being with Dylan, so really getting away is more trouble than it's worth with all that whining to be done. The trip was sort of worth it though just to see the guy at airport security try to figure out whether the breastpump could be disassembled. We drove back via Ithaca, where we were greeted by a house that was 95 DEGREES, perfect for steaming out inpurities and demons and such, but difficult to use for other purposes. When I got back Dylan was so busy stuffing her face with crunchy noodles she didn't notice me for a while, until I was greeted with an anguished shriek, Dylan having inherited the family whine.

1 comment:

Annie ~ إني said...

I just told hasnaa that one used to spray you with perfumes in stores and we agreed that it is the height of hilarity.